CRITICS HAVE SAID
- Many treasures lie buried within this endearing story, in which humor and anxious anticipation sprout alongside one another. This sweet seedling will undoubtedly take root and thrive.
- This seemingly real-time experience of getting to green is a droll, wistful ode to the stamina behind wanting, will, and perseverance.
–School Library Journal
- In an understated and intimate partnership, Fogliano and Stead conjure late winter doldrums and the relief of spring’s arrival, well worth the wait.
IF YOU LOVE THIS BOOK, THEN TRY:
- Muth, Jon J. Zen Shorts. Scholastic Press, 2005.
- Lamb, Albert. Tell Me the Day Backwards. Candlewick Press, 2011.
- Sakai, Komako. Snow Day. Arthur A. Levine Books, 2009.